Wow. There’s more Sevens in that headline than in a Star Trek: Voyager marathon.
So it’s time for my Saturday recap of seven blog posts from the community and independent bloggers on the Times Union’s blog page, and seven blog posts from my personal blogroll.
And just a side note – it’s really sad that the Times Union doesn’t bother promoting its community and independent bloggers as much as it loves promoting its staff bloggers. Trust me.
Last week, they hyped a staff blogger’s bragwhoring egostroke like it was the discovery of cold fusion. Sure would be nice if someone would have done those “Twenty things you didn’t know about” a community or independent blogger who gives their time and talent to the TU without receiving a cent of compensation. But I guess that’s not the way things go. Stay classy, Big Hearst.
And since they can’t be bothered to show some love to their unpaid and unappreciated independents… let me take care of that issue right now.
Here’s some great posts, and I really hope you enjoy reading them. Including:
- Jess Winans, “When I realized I needed to slow down.” (Read this first.)
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “A letter to the future bride.“
- Lale Davidson’s “Out of the Ordinary” blog, “Trump dedicates his golf trophy to hurricane victims.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “What if instead, Trump had said…“
- Jaye McBride’s blog, “A trans comedian takes on kids’ Halloween costumes.“
- Heather Fazio’s blog, “Opinion: Trump and his supporters are the personification of Scientology.“
- Rabbi Matt Cutler’s blog, “Las Vegas shooting, Hurricanes, so much Tsuris and the Joys of Sukkot.“
Okay, let’s go over to the blogroll and see what my fellow bloggers have crafted, shall we?
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ with Roger” blog, “You find a lot of strange people at a yard sale.“
- Rob Madeo’s “Keyboard Krumbs” blog, “Core values.“
- Silvia Lilly’s “DelSo” blog, “Crockpot threesome.“
- J. Eric Smith’s poetry and observations blog, “Ten More Statements.“
- Carl Johnson’s “Hoxsie!” Albany history blog, “The Remarkable Hands of Mary Nash.“
- Daniel Berman’s “FUSSYlittleBLOG” blog, “Simple, Delicious and Economical.“
- Joe Geronimo’s Adirondacks blog, “New England Rendezvous.“
And there you have it. Some amazing reading for your weekend perusals.
Have a great day, everybody!