By the time you read this, I’ll be on the road to Syracuse.
See, today is “Drop-Off Day” for my nine – yep, nine – artworks for the New York State Fair’s competitions. Six photographs, and three reclaimed wood items. Wish me luck.
But before I hit the road, I wanted to take care of my usual Saturday morning post – a recap of seven community Times Union blog posts, and seven blog posts from my personal blogroll that I believe merit your attention.
So let’s have at it, shall we?
Starting over at the TU, check these posts out:
- Nina Marinello’s blog, “A friend like Lorraine.” (Read this first.)
- David Kalish’s ‘The Ruminator” blog, “In twilight of life, a centenarian finds her cause célèbre.“
- Gina Peca’s blog, “Guess who got a makeover!“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “Everybody gets a nickname, right stinky?“
- Jaye McBride’s blog, “The day I became a transgender comedian.“
- Lale Davidson’s “Out of the Ordinary” blog, “Burning down affirmative action’s house.“
- Christine McCue’s “My Cape is on Backorder” parenting blog, “Memories of a Lifetime.“
And now from the blogroll, we welcome Fran Rossi Szpylczyn, who in addition to writing her theology blog “There Will Be Bread” over at the Times Union, she is now penning essays on the TinyLetter website. Go check them out.
In fact, let’s start the blogroll recap with …
- Fran Rossi Szpylczyn’s new writing blog, “Knowing or trusting?” (Read this first.)
- Aaron Bush’s “Aaron Knits” blog, “TDF results and fiber Trekking in Provincetown.“
- Rob Madeo’s “Keyboard Krumbs” blog, “Welcome to Albany.“
- Roger Green’s “Ramblin’ with Roger” blog, “Why I left my previous church.“
- The Venn Librarian blog, “NEISL17 Reflections.“
- Robert Eaton’s “Eleven Images” blog, “Monster building (Eleven Monsters).“
- Lazygal’s “Killing Time Being Lazy” blog, “Boxes, boxes, everywhere.“
Have a great day everybody, and enjoy the blog reads. I’ll see you when I get back from Syracuse. 😀