Wow. I overslept.
That doesn’t happen that often.
But this Florida vacation has done a lot for me. I’ve had a great opportunity to re-center myself, to rediscover my balance and my directions. That, and I’ve walked around so much in the hot sun, my body looks like I’ve used beet juice for a moisturizer.
But I haven’t forgotten the most important part of a Thursday. And that is the weekly recap of the amazing Times Union community and independent bloggers who don’t take time off for vacation.
And that list includes:
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files” blog, “There’s no thrilla’ for the killer of this gorilla.” (Read this first.)
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “From the department of alien life forms.“
- Andrew Joyce’s blog, “Remembering Deon and Todd.“
- Frank Robinson’s “Rational Optimist” blog, “America on Meds: Our Future.“
- Phyllis Alberici in the “Fiber Arts” blog, “What Memorial Day means to one soldier’s little girl.“
- Pete Bardunias’ Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce blog, “Remembering Memorial Day and every day.“
- Fran Rossi Szpylczyn’s “There Will Be Bread” blog, “Enough is Enough – Part 3.“
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “The smell of success in the Pioneer Valley.“
- C. Anthony Burdette in the comic books blog, “Albany Comic Con, REBIRTH, and the untold stories of Bigfoot … Oh My!“
- Rachel Baum’s “Bark: The Confessions of a Dog Trainer” blog, “The doggie in the (car) window.“
Again, ten great blogs by the independent and community blogging team at the Times Union blog portal.
And right now, I have to go find some Noxzema to cool my sun-burnt skin. I wonder … do they make Noxzema in a five-gallon bottle? I’m feeling like I might need all of it… Owie…