So a few answers to a few questions – a little housecleaning and updates in case you’re stumbled onto this Thursday wrapup.
Why do you say “Ten for Thursday” and you list fifteen or twenty blog posts? Can you not count?
Yeah, I can count. But sometimes there are so many amazing blog posts from the Times Union’s community and independent bloggers, that I don’t want to stop at ten. That’s not saying that when I only list ten posts, that I’m saying something about the ones I don’t list… Just know that you should start with the blog posts that are at this link, and then continue reading.
What determines the “Read This First” link? Quality? Bribery? Chicanery?
Quality, for sure. Essentially, what I’m saying is, there are some amazing posts. You should read every one of them if you have the chance and the time. And if you don’t know where to start, start with this post. Or that post. Or start with the fourth post, I’m fine with that. Of course, the first blogger to get me two front-rows to Hamilton will be listed at #1 for a solid year… ha ha ha ha…
Can we nominate bloggers for future listings?
Of course you can. If you feel that there’s a community / independent (non-TU staff) blogger or blog post that deserves merit, please let me know in the comments section. I can also be reached on Facebook and Twitter if you want to nominate a person in that manner.
What’s the criteria for getting listed in next week’s wrapup?
Real simple. Have a fresh blog post between now and next Thursday. Write something that speaks to the mind and to the heart. Write from your beliefs and your convictions. I don’t have to agree with what you say, but you should make me believe that you’re sincere in your words.
Why Thursday? Why not Sunday or Monday or some other day?
I originally had a “Ten For Thursday” post series, but that eventually evolved into other blogging categories – namely my K-Chuck Radio posts. I resurrected the Ten for Thursday category and set it as a blog portal recap. Why Thursday? Because I say so. Yeah.
All right, all right… when are you going to start listing the blog posts and stop your infernal yammering?
Right now, of course. 😀
- Frank Robinson’s “Rational Optimist” blog, “African-Americans on currency … too politically correct?” (Read this first.)
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “Comparing Facebook to a pee-soaked lamp post.“
- Nina Marinello’s blog, “Wait, I’m not finished…“
- Rob Hoffman’s “Hoffman Files” blog, “A holiday not to ‘Passover.’“
- Jeremy Olson’s “Cardboard Empire” blog, “International Tabletop Day 2016.“
- Scott Jarzombek’s “On and Off the Shelves” blog, “Building recreational readers.“
- Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “What’s the answer?“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “March for Isaac.” (And I would recommend that you make a donation here if you’re able.)
- Carl Strock’s blog, “Tijuana Report.“
- Stephanie Snyder’s “A Professor’s Wife” blog, “Carry on Tradition.“
So have a great day everyone, and by all means, enjoy these blogs and the bloggers who wrote these articles!