It is a sad day here at the Times Union blog page. We are losing one of our own.
Rev. Alan Rudnick has relocated to shepherd a new flock in Central New York – and with that, he has reluctantly announced that he is leaving the TU blog page.
Trust me, I’ve tried to woo him back – I even offered him a box of Freihofer’s chocolate chip cookies. But even that wouldn’t entice the good reverend to stay.
Look, I know that the TU’s blog page has garnered new and entertaining and enticing writers and observers.
I just don’t like when one of the TU’s entertaining and enticing writers leaves.
Which is why I have to start today’s blogfarm recap – reluctantly – as such.
- Rev. Alan Rudnick, “Goodbye, thank you Times Union.” (read this first)
- Stephanie Snyder’s “A Professor’s Wife” blog, “When it rains … laugh.“
- Rob Hoffman in the “Hoffman Files” blog, “Farewell, my sweet, sweet Batgirl.“
- Gina Marie Cannistrano’s “Wellness with Gina Marie” blog, “Affirmations for October.”
- Pete Bardunias’ blog about the Erie Canal, “Solar Sal – Making History, Part 1.“
- Jim Shahen’s “Life and Other Things” blog, “The Coolest Thing I’ve Ever Heard Someone Say.“
- David Kalish’s “The Ruminator” blog, “Confessions of a vehicle racist.“
- Sara Rose Wheeler’s “Roaring Twenties” blog, “Love is respect.“
- Danielle, guest blogger in Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “fashion week – what danielle wore.“
- Emily Farrell in the high school blog, “Who needs an appendix anyway?“
Another great week of blogging from the TU community bloggers; but as I said before, I’m saddened that we’re losing one of our own.
Maybe I should have offered the good reverend Freihofer’s Corn Toasties to stick around here… 😀