It’s Thursday for sure. New Year’s Day. And as I’ve done for the past I-don’t-know-how-many-weeks, I’ve set aside my blog to showcase the blogs of ten of my fellow Times Union community bloggers. The goal, in case you forgot, was to get the TU to acknowledge the community bloggers when the newspaper does its “Best of the Capital Region” contest, and to include at least two community bloggers as selectable voting choices, not just as “write-in” candidates.
So after you’ve dealt with your auld acquaintances that were forgot and never brought to mi-i-i-i-ind…
Kick back and enjoy these blogs from my fellow TU community bloggers. They include:
- Jeannine M. Trimboli’s “Real [Fit] Life” blog, “2015 The financial adventures of a single mom. ‘Losing everything.’“
- Andrew Gregory in the CRUMBS local music blog, “Two kinds of Powerful Friends.“
- Azra Haqqie’s “Muslim Women” blog, “Stateless, homeless and jobless.“
- Brad Shear’s Mohawk Hudson Humane Society blog, “Dogs, a part of our lives.“
- Chad Polenz in the “Beer Nut” blog, “Top 10 Worst Bears of 2014.” (Really? Utica Club Light was #1? No Schultz and Dooley souvenir mugs for you for Christmas, boy-o!)
- Gina Marie’s “Wellness” blog, “Affirmations for January.“
- Dan Lyons’ “Classic Cars” blog, “Rear View Mirror: 1960 Chrysler 300F.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “The Hoffman Files” blog, “The last album I bought was…“
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “Simple climb up Stissing Mountain.“
- Brian Huba’s “Cat’s Pajamas” blog, “2014 Time Machine.“
And there you have it. Ten well-written blog posts by ten of the Times Union’s top community bloggers. When you read these, let them know that you do appreciate what they write and that you’ll come back to read them again next time.
I know I do.