Again, here’s the deal. One day a week, I step aside from my blog to showcase the works of my fellow Times Union community bloggers. Why?
Very simple. Every spring, the TU has their annual “Best of the Capital Region” online poll. And for the past couple of years, the category of “Best Blogger” has been bereft of any representation by the TU’s team of community bloggers. It is my hope that by showcasing these wonderful blogs, that the TU will consider placing some of them as selectable voting options in the category (as opposed to a “write-in” candidacy).
Believe me, the TU community bloggers deserve more than just an option of “other candidate.” I see this. You see this. And with this weekly showcase of the TU’s top community blog posts, I hope the TU sees this as well.
So this week’s collection of community blog goodness includes:
- Rev. Sam Trumbore’s First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany’s blog, “Voices Whites Need to Hear.“
- Gina Peca’s blog, “The easy way to feel better.“
- Ralph Renna in the CRUMBS local music blog, “CUR518 – The local music diaries, Dec. 8, 2014.“
- Stephanie Snyder’s “A Professor’s Wife” blog, “Timehop Revelations.“
- Rob Hoffman’s “The Hoffman Files” blog,”Oy Vey … I love Christmas?“
- Mary Martin’s “A Good Enough Life” blog, “The remarkable resilience of Santa Claus.“
- Peter Bowden in the Gardening blog, “Poison settias.“
- Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara’s 111th Assembly District blog, “Students pass along the holiday spirit to veterans.“
- Professor Warren Roberts’ blog, “Two very different encounters with police.“
- Sonja Stark’s “PilotGirl” blog, “Russian rejuvenation at the banya.“
Honestly, if there was a way to make this a “Twenty for Thursday” blog, I would. There are so many great community bloggers in the Times Union’s blog portal. You really need to check them all out.
Have a great Thursday!